Pages

June 10, 2010

Our we became three

I used to think life was busy. I used to think my life had a solid foundation and meaning. I used to think I was in control of most aspects of my life. I used to think I knew what fulfillment felt like. A defended thesis, a publication, a new job, a new house, a trip. I used to be me. Me with my hubby, making us we. We were on a path in life. We were unstoppable. But then something changed. Our we became three! Our world was rocked by the smallest of beings. All previous stresses in life seemingly evaporated, leaving me helplessly in love and devoted to this new mini-me. Mini-us. Mini-we? "Me" seems a lifetime ago. A foggy past, full of memories and joy, but a far cry from our now. Over the past few months, since our we became three, time seems to have sped up and slowed down at the same time. Ever changing, ever-growing, our we is a precious gift of nature that melts our hearts and brings love and smiles to us every day. The adventure begins as we set out to raise our little piece of nature :)

1 comment: