I never used to be overly concerned about the hygiene of public places until our we became three. Wee B now has me seeing MRSA, hanta, avian flu & other unwanted immune invaders everywhere. Restaurant tables & highchairs, shopping carts, airport seats, door knobs, toys that were ejected onto the floor in public places, you name it. Everything within touching (or licking) distance of B now goes through a TSA-esque screening process prior to contact with the munchkin.
I don't want to sound neurotic (trust me, I'm not ... my kid eats dirt, after all). I'm just a concerned mum trying to minimize B's risk of contracting "the junk".
Wipes are a staple in my travelling arsenal. I use antibacterial ones as well as more earth- & baby-friendly LOC wipes. I always have a pack in my purse, one in the diaper bag, one in the car, and another easily accessible in a carry-on or daypack. I usually follow-up the cleansing with a good rinse of water from our drinking bottles so no chemicals are ingested.
Trust me, while travelling through Ecuador with a 5-month old munchkin in her "oral" phase and no running water nearby, they're irreplaceable.
No comments:
Post a Comment