Pages

April 19, 2011

Sugar Bush time

Spring has sprung and the sap's a flowin'.

For some unknown reason my dad was eager to get to a sugar bush.  I say this since I cannot even remember when I was last at a sugar bush, perhaps when I was 9?  Maybe?  He felt the need to have a child with him for this trip, so we packed into the car and he, Nana, B and me headed to a lovely bush in Effingham.  What a fun day!  B had her 1st dose of pancakes with real Canadian maple syrup, we toured a sugar bush and adjoining sugar shack, stocked up on our fair share of maple syrup & even got a wagon ride out of the deal!  B, of course, decided she did not want to be carried but rather run amok throughout the muddy bush.  Of course.

All in all a terrific morning spent with Nana & Papa.  Might have to do this every year!

B running under the sugar bush lines

No comments:

Post a Comment