"riiippp" goes the velcro on her cloth diapers from the other room, followed by "uh oh, uh oh!".
I didn't think much about it till she came trotting to me holding her diaper in one hand, dropping "mementoes" from it as she walked, leaving wee brown footprints on my beige carpet. Uh oh indeed. Funny thing is she had just been sitting on the potty prior to this pooptastrophy (note: no mementoes left in toilet). After a quasi panicked phone call to my mother followed by a thorough cleaning with my favourite all-fabric bleach & a good steaming, all was well in carpet land again.
Fast forward 24 hours. 30 minutes of potty time followed by "riiippp" "uh oh, uh oh!"; this time she decided to pop a squat in the middle of her bedroom floor and open the flood gates. Another all-fabric bleaching plus steaming and all was well in carpet land again.
The trick seems to be getting a onesie onto wee B post-haste following diaper changes, as baby diaper ninja has figured out how velcro works and is not scared to use it.
I've been half-heartedly trying to potty train, and I'm sure many moms are rolling their eyes right now saying it's an all-or-nothing thing. I'm beginning to agree! Wish me luck as I continue adventures in diaper land...
No comments:
Post a Comment